Alabama Christian Radio/Praise 88.7 General Contest Rules
The following are basic contest rules applying to any and all contests run on Praise 88.7. Each contest may have its own special qualifications and eligibility rules in which case a separate list of rules will be available for public inspection.
1. All contests are open to all listeners who are 18 years of age or older unless stated otherwise. Employees of Alabama Christian Radio, affiliated entities, affiliated advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio station employees in the Alabama Christian Radio group, and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win.
2. Listeners are eligible to win a Praise 88.7 contest once every 30 days. Unless stated otherwise, multiple entries by the same person or by a person in the same household will be discarded and be deemed by the station management as a cause for disqualification.
3. All prizes and prize certificates may be picked up at the office of Praise 88.7. The winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within 14 days of winning. The 14 day period includes weekends and holidays. Alabama Christian Radio business hours are Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm. Alabama Christian Radio will not notify winners of time remaining on prizes to be picked up. It is the winners responsibility to claim their prize within the time limit. Additionally, some prizes have specific expiration dates or are date sensitive (ie. Concert tickets), which may occur within the 14 days following the winning date. It is the responsibility of the winner to pick up their prize by the event or expiration date.
4. Prizes may not be mailed to winners. All prizes must be claimed by the winner only. Prizes are non-transferable.
5. Alabama Christian Radio is not responsible for replacing any prizes after they have been picked up, whether the prize was lost, organization providing the prize has closed, or for any other reason.
6. In the event of a dropped call, telephone line or mobile phone malfunction or phone disconnection, the decision of management will be final. In the event that two (2) telephone lines are “tied together” during a phone-in contest, the entire call will be disqualified and the next caller in line will be taken and awarded the prize. Alabama Christian Radio cannot award duplicate prizes to both parties in a “tied together” situation and both callers will be disqualified, this circumstance is beyond the radio stations control.
7. Albama Christian Radio listeners who win prizes on the radio station may not substitute prizes with another prize or cash. However, in the event of an unavailable prize won by the listener, Alabama Christian Radio may substitute the original prize with another prize for the approximate value (in dollars) of the original prize awarded.
8. Listeners may also register to win prizes on the Radio Station website. Winners of the various contests are chosen randomly from all eligible entries. Alabama Christian Radio is not responsible for entries not received due to the difficulty accessing the internet, service outages or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches. All on-line entries must be filled out completely.
9. To enter on-line, you must enter your first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, home telephone number and valid email address and any other requested information in the on-line entry form. One internet entry per person. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry.
10. Alabama Christian Radio, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person of tampering with the entry process, the operation of Alabama Christian Radio websites or is otherwise in violation of the rules. It further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any kind.
11. For contests that require qualification, listeners may qualify only once, unless otherwise specified.
12. All contestant entries become property of Alabama Christian Radio. Alabama Christian Radio may retain any or all contest materials for any reason that the stations management deems crucial to the completion of the contest, or for reasons relating to the publicity or advertising.
13. Unless otherwise stated, any contest conducted at a facility where a paid admission is required, may be entered at the Alabama Christian Radio studios prior to the event or through a station representative at the event, without any paid consideration to enter the event. Alabama Christian Radio must be notified by telephone or in writing no less than 24 hours prior to such contest/event to facilitate staffing for such purposes.
14. Contestants winning a prize or prizes valued at over $600.00 or more in a calendar year will be subject to any and all federal, state and local taxes, as applicable. A W9 will be issued by Alabama Christian Radio in this event.
15. By participating in a contest, Alabama Christian Radio, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice or likeness used in any and all advertising or broadcasting materials relating to this contest, without additional compensation. Additionally, winner agrees to sign a prize release form before the acceptance of their prize.
16. Alabama Christian Radio reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest which will become effective upon announcement by Alabama Christian Radio.
17. No purchase necessary. Contests are void where prohibited.
18. Failure to comply with the Alabama Christian Radio contest rules may result in a contestants disqualification.
19. In the case of a grand prize drawing from qualifying winners, Alabama Christian Radio will make every attempt to contact the grand prize winner, randomly selected, by phone to notify them of their prize. If the winner cannot be contacted in a timely manner (to be determined by management) another grand prize winner will be randomly selected. Duplicated prizes will not be awarded.
20. In the event that the winner of a Alabama Christian Radio contest for a trip cannot take the trip on the specific dates that have been announced to them and on-air, they will forfeit their prize.
21. Copies of the written contest rules are available during regular business hours, 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, excluding Alabama Christian Radio holidays.